This is a small village parish in the heart of the Clwydian hills in north east Wales, very close to Offa’s Dyke path. Everyone is welcome to visit the church at any time.
The Parish of Llanarmon yn Ial
About the church
The church was built in 1282 and a second nave was added about 1450. In 1789 the stone arches between the naves were replaced by oak ones, that are still standing today. The chandelier dates from 1450 and is believed to have come from Valle Crucis Abbey, some 10 miles away. Also on display are several effigies and two parish chests – one hewn out of a tree trunk.
- First Sunday
- 09.30,Family Eucharist
- Second Sunday
- Third Sunday
- Fourth Sunday
- Fifth Sunday
- 10.30, Eucharist (in rotation with the other three churches in the benefice).
Most Thursdays (but not in August),11.00,Eucharist
If the church is locked, please enquire in the village shop where Rupert, the keyholder, lives.