St David

St David’s Church is situated in a beautiful, peaceful, secluded position some distance outside the main village of Llanddewi Velfrey along an unmade lane. The lane can be found facing a T junction to the South side of the main A40 Trunk Road. It is approximately 3/4 mile from the T junction to the Church car park.
Though heavily restored in the 19th & 20th centuries the church retains substantial medieval and possibly Romanesque fabric.

Service Times

First Sunday
14.30,Holy Communion
Second Sunday
14.30,Holy Communion
Third Sunday
10.45,Morning Prayer
Fourth Sunday
14.30,Holy Communion
Fifth Sunday
10.00,combined group service of Holy Communion on a rotational basis as announced on the notice boards and in the Deanery Magazine Grapevine.

Other Services

Feast Days and Festivals as announced on the notice boards and in the Deanery Magazine Grapevine.

Opening Times

Open daily. There is a car park above the church with a steepish path down to it.

On the south side of the churchyard is a spring – Ffynnon Dewi – where baptisms were once held.
The bowl of the font dates from the 12th or 13th century.
Behind the pillar in the north aisle (which runs parallel with the chancel) are two curious corbels with carved faces. They are said to date from around 1150 but are probably not in their original position. Fine monuments to the Lewis family of Henllan include one to Richard, Bishop of Llandaff (1883 – 1905).
A detailed guide to the church is on sale inside.

Public Transport

Access

To see this map cookies and javascript must be enabled. If you are still having trouble after having checked both of these please contact us using the link at the top of the page