St Peter

St Peter’s is the Parish Church of Lampeter Velfrey and is at the very heart of the village and its life.
No exact date is known for its construction but a church certainly existed here in 1291. Most of the present structure dates back to a century or so later than that. It underwent extensive restoration in 1837, 1860 and 1997.

Service Times

First Sunday
10.45,Holy Communion
Second Sunday
10.45,Holy Communion
Third Sunday
17.00,Evensong
Fourth Sunday
10.45,Holy Communion
Fifth Sunday
10.00,Combined Group service of Holy Communion on a rotational basis as announced on the notice boards and in the Deanery Magazine Grapevine.

Other Services

Feast days and festivals as announced on the notice boards and in the Deanery Magazine Grapevine.

Opening Times

Open daily with a car park alongside the church.

Monuments include a chest tomb (1611?) and a memorial to Lewis John (1702), who gave the site of what is now the village hall. The west window is in memory of the Rector’s son killed in the Boer War. The bell was cast in 1639, and the organ is a very early Henry Jones (1853). The Mothers’ Union branch is the oldest in the Diocese (1885).
A detailed guide to the church is on sale inside.

Public Transport

Access

To see this map cookies and javascript must be enabled. If you are still having trouble after having checked both of these please contact us using the link at the top of the page