The Parish of Brecon St Mary

We are the central town parish in Brecon, which is a small rural town at the heart of a beautiful area of Wales – The Brecon Beacons.

About the church

St Mary’s started as a Chapel of Ease in the mid 12thC and was further extended in the 14th & 15th centuries with the Duke of Buckingham Tower added in 1510. The height of the Tower means the church dominates the town centre. The red sandstone gives the church a distinctive appearance

Service Times

First Sunday
09.30,The Parish Eucharist
11.00,Time Out an informal half hour service all ages
Second Sunday
09.30,The Parish Eucharist
11.00,Time Out
Third Sunday
09.30,The Parish Eucharist
11.00,Time Out
Fourth Sunday
09.30,The Parish Eucharist
11.00,Time Out
Fifth Sunday
09.30,The Parish Eucharist
11.00,Time Out

Other Services

Tuesdays,11.00, Eucharist

Opening Times

The Church is open each day from 10.00 until 16.30. The South Door is the best for those who are disabled as there are no steps. We also have toilet facilities for the disabled. Baby changing facilities are available.

The East Window and the Buckingham Tower.

Public Transport

Access

To see this map cookies and javascript must be enabled. If you are still having trouble after having checked both of these please contact us using the link at the top of the page