History of St Barnabas

Swansea St Barnabas, built originally as a Church Hall in 1914, is one of many church buildings in South Wales designed by the architect EM Bruce Vaughan between 1880 and 1914. It is unusual among early twentieth century Anglican Churches in having a vaulted ceiling and a balcony at the west end of the nave. The western end of the building was modified for Diocesan use as a centre of the Archdeaconry of Gower the Diocese in the 1990s to provide two offices, a larger meeting room and a modern kitchen.