CYTÛN – CHURCHES TOGETHER IN DENBIGH
Founded in 1990 as the official successor body to the Council of Churches for Wales, Cytûn exists to help the mainstream Christian Churches and Denominations in Wales to achieve common goals.
Its committee, on which all the Churches are represented, meets regularly to plan joint activities and initiatives.
Currently these are:
- The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in January
- Lent lunches at St. Mary’s every Friday throughout Lent with proceeds in aid of Christian Aid. Over £700 was raised in 2017 from these lunches
- The Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday at the Castle
- A Prayer Meeting at 12noon in Capel Pendref on the second Tuesday of the month
- A Healing Service at 7pm in St. Thomas’ on the third Monday of the month.
Cytûn is also actively involved in organising house to house collections for Christian Aid and in the United Service on the second Sunday in May to mark Christian Aid Week.