St Elli Church is an old foundation, recorded as a monastic site in 5th or 6th century. The oldest part of the church is the Norman Tower, which contains a full peel of bells, there has been several restorations, the latest being completed in 1906. The font is 13th Century built on a sepulchre which was discovered in the church at the last renovation. It is listed Grade II, there are many memorials dating back to 18th Century dedicated to former benefactors of the town and the area. There are two wonderful stained-glass windows designed by Sir Edward Burne-Jones. A silver chalice was given to the church by Elizabeth 1, which is still used for at Christmas and Easter. There are plans to develop facilities within the church which includes installation of a new meeting room, disabled access and lavatories. The faculty has been received and we are currently out to tender for the work.
Our normal weekly services are
8am Holy Eucharist
9.30am Cymun Bendigaid (apart from 3rd Sunday)
11am Sung Eucharist (3rd Sunday Bilingual)
6pm Sung Evensong and Sermon
10.30am Holy Eucharist