St Peter’s Church was constructed in 1867 to designs by R K Penson (RIBA). Richard Kyrke Penson was an artist, and a leading Welsh gothic revival architect who also designed Holy Trinity Church in Felinfoel in 1858.
The church was enlarged in 1892 to designs by Colonel E M Bruce Vaughan (RIBA) of Cardiff. Colonel Bruce Vaughan was also the architect of the Llanelli Parish Church restoration of 1907.
Approximately ten years ago St Peter’s had new facilities installed including a kitchen area, toilets and meeting space provision. These facilities have been sensitively incorporated at the front of the church, away from the areas of worship and are very popular with the congregation and visiting organisations. St Peter’s Church is a busy hub throughout the week, with facilities for youth work and a base for outreach into the local community of Tyisha and the wider area.
A warm welcome awaits you at St Peter’s.
Some photographs from St Peter’s ~
Staff & volunteers within the meeting space at St Peter’s.
Rev’d Captain Rob with local school children visiting St Peter’s.