The Girls Friendly Society is a movement for young women that aims to widen horizons and celebrate individuality and talents, with love and understanding.
Our vision is to inspire young women and challenge them to break down barriers, building on their achievements to become independent women.
All work with girls and young women is further underpinned by the belief of respect, encouragement and skills for all women through:
• Promoting personal and spiritual development
• Reducing risk and removing barriers
• Encouraging education – both formal and informal
• Empowering them to make informed choices
• Tackling social exclusion
• Inspiring change through ownership and participation
• Challenging negative stereotypes
More details of the GFS can be found by following the link below