The five objects of the Mothers Union are:-
1. Supporting and promoting married live.
2. Encouraging parents in their roll to develop the faith of their children.
3. Being a world wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
4. Campaigning for conditions in society favourable to stable family life.
5. Helping those whose family life has met with adversity.
The Mothers Union was founded in 1876 by Mary Sumner and now there are 3.6 million members in 78 countries Some of the work of the M.U. entails working in shanty towns in Peru, literary and numeracy skills in Africa, emergency relief in South Asia after the tsunami and lobbying for gender equality at the U.N. and many more.
In this country as well as supporting families in difficulties M.U. members work in prisons supporting families and take care of a caravan in Porthcawl for needy families to enjoy a holiday.
If you are interest on joining us you can contact:-
on 029 2075 2545
MOTHERS UNION PRAYER
We thank you for your love so freely given to us all.
We pray for families around the world.
Bless the work of the Mothers Union
as we seek to share your love
through the encouragement, strengthening
and support of marriage and family life.
Empowered by your Spirit,
may we be united in prayer and worship,
and in love and service
reach out as your hands across the world.
In Jesus’ name.