The Parish of St Fagans and Michaelston-super-Ely

Welcome to The Parish of St Fagans and Michaelston-super-Ely


St Mary’s Church is the historic church in the village of St Fagans.  St Mary’s was founded in the 12th century.  Little is known of the form of the church then except that it would have been in the Norman style and essentially simple in construction.
Further development took place over the following eight centuries in three main stages.  First the change to the Decorated style in the 14th century, the addition of the tower in the 18th century and lastly the substantial restoration during the Victorian period including the major addition of the north aisle and vestry. in 1860.


All enquiries

To Enquire about a Wedding, or a Baptism …… To Ask about church activities in this parish, and how you can be involved ….. To Raise any question about the Christian faith, and how you could find out more ……

Please contact:- the Ven Peggy Jackson on: 02920 567 393 or email:


Our Harvest Supper was a wonderful time this evening. We had every reason to be grateful for many blessings and particularly this evening for Margaret and Ann and others who prepared our meal. Sunday Sizzle in the morning then our Harvest Thanksgiving family service at 1030. (Brian and Barrie were particular heroes for helping out with the spare pudding!)




A wonderful new event this evening as we enjoyed a game of skittles with food in The Fairwater Pub. Well done to Alison, Barrie and the social committee for arranging a fun evening enjoyed by all.



We said our goodbyes and thanks to Revd Ken and Devvie with some presentations after the service. They travel back to their home in Texas this week after spending the Summer with us whilst Peggy has been on sabbatical.



Members of our church council welcomed and entertained Rev Ken and Devvie to afternoon tea. Thanks to Lynette and Dave for their fantastic hosting and to all who helped.



Competition was strong this year with some great aerodynamic performances and some not!😃 Well done to the winners (anyone got photos of the winners?), though everyone was a winner today. We also enjoyed a lovely lunch. Thanks to all who helped in any way.




The wild garden growing well and doing its job of attracting all sorts of insects. Well done all who helped in any way.


Some photos of our wonderful Summer Fayre held at The Glamorgan Wanderers ground. Thanks to the very many people who helped and those who came.



Our wonderful confirmation and baptism service. A special day for all involved as we welcomed Bishop June to St Mary’s.








Easter Day…He is risen….Pasg Hapus





A photo of the cleaned War Memorial. The contractors – Mossfords – have to come back to complete some repairs to the stone steps but importantly the names are much clearer now. Thanks must go to; War Memorials Trust, CADW, Plymouth Estates and the Community Council who all gave generous donations.