From the time the Priory Church was built, the nave of the parish church would have been separated from the monastic end by a screen. The present stone wall is of the 13th century, pierced with two doorways which allowed processions to pass into the parish church.
While there is no existing evidence of the arch being filled with a screen in medieval times, this was generally the case in other churches. In the 16th century, the arch was blocked up when the monastic end became private property. In 1889 the arch was re-opened, and subsequently filled in with a wood and glass construction.
The present pulpitum screen was inserted in July 2006, the work of the highly-acclaimed Swansea-based international artist, Alexander Beleschenko (1951-). His large-scale architectural glass works are to be found in locations in the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States, including Herz Jesu Kirche, Munich, Southwark Station, London, the Meteorological Office, Exeter, and the Wales Assembly Building, Cardiff.
The glass is a representation of the Resurrection of Christ, an empty Cross set in clouds of glory. From the Cross flies butterflies, inspired by a rare species to be found in Ewenny, symbolising the resurrection of the Christian soul. Within the cross are small three-fold designs representing the Trinity—God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.