History of the 15th century church till the present day
In the late Middle Ages, Caerleon was a prosperous port and market town and about this time the church was almost entirely rebuilt on a larger scale having a west tower, a broad nave with north and south aisles and a chancel. There were two chantry chapels where special chantry priests prayed for the souls of the benefactors. These chantries were no doubt destroyed during the Reformation.
By 1867 the building was in a very bad state, the walls of the chancel being held together by metal ties. Extensive rebuilding work took place, including the installation of the Charles Williams windows.
Little major work took place after this until 1935 when the church was enlarged and rearranged, with the addition of two vestries, extension of the chancel eastwards, and the erection of the Lady Chapel on the south side of the chancel.