St Oudoceus Parish Church is the traditional centre of Christian life within Llandogo village.
Built on the site of a previous church, the current St Oudoceus Parish Church building stands betwixt the Village Green and the River Wye, within a churchyard (or Llan) that is at least 1,500 years old. The Victorian building is Grade II Listed.
The Parish Church derives its name from St Euddogwy (Oudoceus), the third Bishop of Llandaff, who probably lived in the area in the 6th or 7th century. The church was formerly also or alternatively dedicated to St Einion Frenin, who was credited with establishing Saint Cadfan’s monastery on Bardsey Island off Llyn. The present church is on the site of a 7th or 8th-century foundation, but was wholly rebuilt in 1859–61 by J. P. Seddon. It has been described as one of Seddon’s “most high-spirited small churches”, with “polychromatic interplay inside and out” between mauve and ochre stone, and “an extraordinarily elaborate belfry”