DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Elli, Gilwern
1.Your personal data
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The PCC of St Elli, Gilwern is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of St Elli, Gilwern complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
• To manage our volunteers and employees;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
• To inform you of news, events, rotas, groups, activities and services running at St Elli, Gilwern
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, rotas, groups, activities and services in the parish and diocese and process your gift aid donations .
• Processing is necessary for social protection and employment law
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a religious aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain data for up to 7 years; a proportion of it is archived at the local County Record Office. Details about retention periods can currently be found in the Record Management Guides located on the Church in Wales website at: www.churchinwales.org.uk
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the PCC of St Elli, Gilwern holds about you;
• The right to request that the PCC of St Elli, Gilwern corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the PCC of St Elli, Gilwern to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• .The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [e.g. where processing is based on legitimate interests or statistics)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
0303 123 1113 Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance please contact the PCC Secretary on: email@example.com