The dedication and location adjacent to the river favour an early medieval origin for Llanbadarn church. There are however few medieval records, but it does appear as Llanbadarn in the St Davids’ Episcopal Register in 1513.
St Padarn’s church is a small unicellular structure set in a D-shaped churchyard, The present building could go back to the 13thC but there is little diagnostic architectural detail and both the windows and the internal fittings (with the exception of the font) are post-medieval. The church may be 13thC or 14thC, and a significant feature is the south doorway, which could be of that period. Its wooden windows are thought to be 18thC, and the belfry was added at the end of the 19thC.